The City of Port Allen, Louisiana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief Administrative Officer.
Candidates must possess, at a minimum, the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, or government related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum (5) years’ supervisory experience, preferably with a governmental unit.
- Knowledge of billing techniques and methods applied to municipal services.
- Knowledge of governmental purchasing methods and procedures.
- Experience in risk management.
- Thorough knowledge of computer applications.
- Ability to Coordinate projects with public works supervisors.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other persons and agencies.
Responsibilities include highly responsible administrative level work in the areas of directing the billing and collection of utility accounts, supervising office staff, purchasing, permitting and licensing, planning and zoning, interpretation of city codes and ordinances, implementation and maintenance of municipal risk insurance program, enforcement of substance abuse policy, assisting in authoring resolutions, ordinances, proclamations, proceedings of meetings and public notices, coordinating contract negotiations, assist in the preparation of the general and administrative department budgets, prepares a variety of local, state, and federal records and reports, acts as the City’s Section 504 Compliance officer.
Candidates should mail or deliver applications along with a resume’ to:
Mayor, City of Port Allen
375 Court Street
Port Allen, LA 70767
Resumes and applications must be received no later than Friday, March 13, 2020 at 12:00 noon to be eligible for consideration.
The City of Port Allen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.