The St. Tammany Parish Tourist and Convention Commission is seeking a highly qualified individual to assist in management of all financial, HR and office operations. The ideal candidate shall have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least five years of experience in governmental accounting, as well as excellent organizational and computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of laws, rules and regulations, both state and federal, related to job responsibilities. Strong Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook knowledge are required along with excellent communication skills for day to day written and verbal contact with CEO, board members and other stakeholders. St. Tammany residency is required. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reports to President/CEO and assists in all aspects of the operation of the STPTCC.
- Responsible for all financial operations, including management of revenue, expenditures, payroll, purchasing and procurement, reports and CEAs, annual audits, and assisting President/CEO with oversight of budget.
- Provide human resources for the commission to include managing time off requests and adherence to policies plus maintaining record keeping tools and/or forms.
- Oversee vendor relationships
- Manage daily operations of physical plant.
- Manage and coordinate special projects as assigned.
An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
The STPTCC offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; deferred compensation plan; various leave options; and paid holidays.
Located in Mandeville, the STPTCC is a political subdivision of the State of Louisiana and was established in 1976 with the mission of marketing and promoting St. Tammany Parish as a highly desirable destination for visitors, thereby increasing the economic impact of tourism on the area.
Please email resume to Rae@LouisianaNorthshore.com prior to October 1, 2018 for consideration. Qualified applicants will be contacted no later than October 15 to schedule an interview.