IBTS is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team in Central, Louisiana. The Staff Accountant performs various accounting and administrative work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly work papers and journal entries.
- Post payroll entries.
- Process daily deposits and reconcile deposit logs.
- Assist in the collection and processing of occupational license taxes.
- Maintain current budget information in accounting system.
- Maintain physical and digital storage of accounting records.
- Maintain current inventory listing and assist in yearly inventory.
- Process crash report distribution for Central Police Department.
- Maintain purchase order system
- Monitor fuel cost by analyzing use reports for discrepancies
- 5+ years accounting experience.
- Knowledge and practical experience beyond basic bookkeeping
- Must have working knowledge and experience using accounting systems, MS Word, Excel, including entering data and formulas as well as spreadsheet creation and pivot tables
- General knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as necessary
- Time management and excellent organizational skills are a must
- Local (municipal) experience
- Knowledge of Tyler InCode software