A highly responsible management position that reports directly to the Director of Finance. Position assists with managing the overall operations of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main duties and responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assist in the leadership of the Finance Department ensuring Parish resources are used to best serve the citizens and employees of the Parish of Caddo. Uphold proper decision making, legalities and integrity of the position. Assist in the process of overseeing the functions of the Finance Department which includes providing centralized accounting, purchasing, and data processing activities.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of the budget for the Finance Department. Uses good judgment in spending parish funds.
- Manage employees within the Department to include fair and equitable treatment, good communication, training, and ensuring that high standards are maintained. Create a learning environment which may include continuing education for self and subordinates, creating succession planning for all key positions, and fostering teamwork within the group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in accounting or a closely related field, plus five (5) years of experience in public accounting or governmental financial management and strong administrative and organizational abilities. Must have a working knowledge of governmental accounting and financial reporting standards and advanced experience with personal computer applications, including Excel. CPA certification is required.
- If assigned a parish vehicle, must possess a valid Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
- Ability to plan, initiate and execute procedures and policies. Analytical mind to solve and properly explain, verbally, and in writing, complex problems; facility with words and numbers; ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience physical requirements similar to those associated with a business office environment.
Undergraduate Degree in accounting or closely related field.