- Exam Related
- Sitting for one or more exam (75% passing score required) – Actual Test Score(s)
- Credentials Recognized (Cumulative)
- Doctorate (Related Field)* – 100 points
- MBA, MPA, JD, CPA (each) – 75 points
- Other Graduate Degree (Related Field)* – 50 points
- Other Graduate Degree (Unrelated Field) – 35 points
- Undergraduate Degree (Related Field)* – 50 points
- Undergraduate Degree (Unrelated Field) – 25 points
- Associate Degree, Business College; or Vo-Tech Diploma (Related Field)* – 15 points
- Experience (Points Per Year)
- Chief Finance Officer (CFO) – 7 points
- Division Head (e.g., Assistant CFO) – 5 points
- Section Head (e.g., Chief Accountant) – 4 points
- General Government Finance Experience – 2 points
- Professional Involvement (Per Achievement, Cumulative)**
- National Officer (1 time) – 50 points
- National Representative (1 time) – 35 points
- National Committee Member (1 time) – 25 points
- Regional Officer or Representative (1 time) – 15 points
- State Officer (10 points per year); max. 50 points in this category) – 10 points
- State Committee Member*** – 5 points
- Not concurrent with officer role in same organization;
- 5 points per committee; maximum 25 points.
- Certificate of Achievement Reviewer (1 time) – 35 points
- Budget Award Reviewer (1 time) – 25 points
- Popular Report Award Reviewer (1 time) – 10 points
* Related Field = For example, degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline.
** Professional Involvement = The following organizations may be included: GFOA of U.S. and Canada, GFOA of Louisiana, Louisiana Municipal Clerks Association, Secretary-Treasurer’s Organization of Police Jury Association, Louisiana Association of School Business Officials, Association of Government Accountants, Society of Louisiana CPA’S, and other approved government-finance-related national or state organizations.
*** Committees must be GFOA-recognized professional government finance-related association or organization.